The program aims to enable students to acquire and apply advanced knowledge of governance and administration to public sector management. The program prepares students to take managerial roles in the public domain. The program further aims to prepare students to relate theoretical issues with practical experiences and use such relationships to analyze critical issues and problems in public administration, as applied to developing countries. At the end of the program students will be equipped with competencies to proactively develop improved strategies in contemporary public management. The main clients for this program are students from developing countries who will work in public sector – but applicants from other parts of the world are also welcome and encouraged.
- Admission Requirements:
- Applicants shall hold at least a second class bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning or a upper second class advanced diploma or equivalent qualifications obtained in at least three (3) years of study. or a professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA (T), MD, CSP, MCIPS, or their equivalent from recognized professional bodies or institutions.
- Applicants with PASS (i.e. those who obtained third classin the first degree) degree will also be considered upon producing evidence of having obtained an examined postgraduate diploma in a relevant field of study. A candidate who holds a foreign degree (degree obtained outside Tanzania) or unclassified degree should have an average credit of “B” or above (evaluated according to Mzumbe University system) and have his/her academic qualifications validated by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Mode of delivery: (Full time/ Part time):
NOTE: The Dar es Salaam Campus College offers day, evening, and executive mode classes, while the executive mode is for MBA and MPA programmes only.
- Duration: 18 months: twelve months of coursework to be run in two semesters, and a minimum of six months for dissertation work.
- Location of the delivery:
- Both Main Campus Morogoro and Dar es Salaam Campus College.