The objective of the programme is to train and produce human resource managers who are strong in both theory and practice. Essentially, these will be human resource managers who will be able to use human resource management theories, methods, procedures, techniques and tools and human resource professional practices for better management of human resource functions in organisations. The programme will equip graduates with competencies required in proactively developing better human resource management strategies in contemporary organisations. The emphasis is on strategic approach to managing human resources through innovation, creativity, flexibility, nurturing, mentoring and team working systems and practices. This will help the organization to develop and sustain a culture of organizational commitment and excellence. The applicant must have background knowledge in Public Administration, Political Science, Sociology and management related disciplines
- Admission Requirements:
- Applicants for admission into the Mzumbe University Master of Science in Health M&E programme must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be holders of a minimum of THREE years Advanced Diploma of a related field (after form six) or Degree with a Second Class from any accredited university.
- Applicants who have at least 2 years of experience in health or a health-related field or have worked as M&E Managers/Officers will have an added advantage.
- Holders of unclassified degrees must have a minimum of B grade.
- Students must be critical and analytical thinkers, have intermediate to advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, and have a strong grasp of mathematics to succeed in this programme.
DMode of delivery(Full time/Part time:
- Full Time.
- NOTE: All programmes offered at Mzumbe Main Campus are fulltime, day sessions (Mode) and residential. But due to limited accommodation, some successful applicants to pursue their degree at the main campus may be required to seek for alternative accommodation off campus.
- (24 months) i.e Three semesters of coursework and six months (one semester) for dissertation work
- Mode of delivery.
- Main Campus Morogoro.